The medical specialty of cardiology, sometimes called cardiovascular medicine, encompasses the study, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular problems and diseases. Our cardiologists are devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with heart problems and vascular disease.
NOTE: Do not contact a physician/provider by email regarding healthcare information. Our email is not encrypted and will not protect your personal information. For medical needs, please telephone your physician/provider at the location where you were seen. If you have a medical emergency, dial 911 immediately.
- Buffalo General Medical Center, Heart and Lung Center: 716.859.7280
- Conventus: 716.961.9900
- Hertel Elmwood Internal Medicine Center: 716.871.1571
- Veterans Administration Medical Center: 716.834.9200
- 1020 Youngs Road, Suite 110: 716.961.9900
Cardiac electrophysiology is a sub-specialty of cardiology focused on cardiac treatment and implantable devices. Additional treatment and research topics of electrophysiology include pacing, atrial fibrillation, arrhythmias, and implantable devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators.
Interventional cardiology is a sub-specialty of general cardiology, which includes the evaluation and management of patients with complex coronary and structural heart disease. Procedures include peripheral and structural heart interventions, such as the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
Cardio Diagnostics Available at Youngs Road:
- Echocardiograms (Regular, Bubble Studies and Contrast with Optison)
- Cardiac Event Monitor
- Cardiolite Stress Testing
- Lexican Stress Testing
- Regular Exercise Stress Testing
- Holter Monitors
- MUGA Scans